Friday, January 28, 2011

Everyone Loves a Lazy Sunday

Kenya is more like the US than you would ever think. Sunday was spent just like any other Sunday at home. Although I was not allowed to go to church, because Mum said I needed to sleep, I sat around the whole day watching crappy movies (Step Up 3 and some other movie) and playing video games with Carrey as we decided that every Sunday was going to be spent this way. I also met Keith and Laura throughout the day. I cannot express how nice everyone is and how everyone will go out of their way to make sure that I am having a good time and am comfortable. Dinner in Kenya is always served very late; usually around 8 or 9. I spent most of dinner talking about life in the US, my first thoughts about Kenya and about what I wanted to do while I was here. After dinner, we watched the news, talked high politics and then I was off to watch the Bears Packers game at a local bar with a few of my classmates. The bar ended up not having the game so we all had to gather around a computer in a nearby cyber to watch the game. TIA. We got our first taste of Tuskers and despite the outcome, it was a great time. A great Sunday indeed.

1 comment:

  1. how in the world did you get placed with a family that matches your life style. that is so funny! and it does sound so similar. unbelievable!
    anxious to hear more!
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete